This is a simplified version of the Bible story found in Luke 1:39-56, written for children to understand. For the original version, please refer to the Bible passage.
Once upon a time, there was a woman named Mary. One day, she decided to visit her cousin Elizabeth. Elizabeth was an old woman who was going to have a baby soon. Mary traveled quickly to get to Elizabeth’s house.
When Mary arrived, she greeted Elizabeth with a warm hug. As soon as Elizabeth heard Mary’s voice, her baby kicked and jumped inside her belly.
Elizabeth was filled with joy and the Holy Spirit, and she said to Mary, “You are blessed among women, and your baby is blessed too! Why did God choose me to have you visit me? When I heard your voice, my baby jumped for joy inside me! You are so blessed for believing in God’s promises!”
Mary was very happy to hear Elizabeth’s kind words. She praised God and said, “I am so thankful to God for all the great things He has done for me! From now on, people will call me blessed! God is so great and merciful to those who love and obey Him! He has done amazing things for me, and He will do amazing things for you too!”
Mary stayed with Elizabeth for three months and then returned home.
- God keeps His promises, and we should trust in Him.
- We should be humble and grateful for the blessings we receive from God.
- Mary and Elizabeth’s relationship shows us the importance of supporting and encouraging each other in faith.
- Mary’s song of praise teaches us the value of worshiping God and recognizing His greatness and goodness.
- We should be humble like Mary and acknowledge that everything we have comes from God.
Birth of John the Baptist Foretold