This is a simplified version of the Bible story found in Acts 9:32-43, written for children to understand. For the original version, please refer to the Bible passage.
Once there was a man named Aeneas who lived in a town called Lydda. He had been bedridden for eight years because he was paralyzed, which means he couldn’t move his body.
One day, a man named Peter came to visit Lydda. Peter is a disciple of Jesus, and he heard that there was a man in Lydda who needed healing. So Peter went to visit Aeneas, and he told him that Jesus would heal him. Peter said, “Aeneas, Jesus Christ heals you. Get up and make your bed!”
And just like that, Aeneas was healed! Everyone in Lydda and the nearby town of Sharon saw that Aeneas was healed, and they turned to the Lord, which means they started to believe in Jesus and follow Him.
In another town called Joppa, there was a woman named Tabitha. She was also known as Dorcas. She was a very kind person who helped others a lot.
Sadly, Tabitha became very sick and passed away. Her friends were very sad and cried a lot. They even sent two men to Lydda to find Peter and bring him to Joppa. The men said to Peter, “Please come to us without delay. Our friend Dorcas has died, and we need your help.” So Peter went with them to Joppa.
When he arrived, they took him to the upper room where Dorcas was laid. All the widows stood beside him weeping and showing tunics and other garments that Dorcas made while she was with them. But Peter knew that Jesus could bring Dorcas back to life. So he prayed and asked Jesus to bring Dorcas back to life. Then Peter said, “Dorcas, get up!” And just like that, Dorcas opened her eyes and sat up! Peter helped her stand up and showed everyone that she was alive again.
Many people in Joppa heard about this miracle and believed in the Lord, which means they started to believe in Jesus and follow Him.
- Jesus has the power to heal us and even bring us back to life.
- We can pray and ask Jesus to help us and our loved ones.
- When we see Jesus do amazing things, we should tell others about Him.
- Miracles are not always visible to the human eye, but they can happen in our hearts and minds when we believe in Jesus.
- Jesus cares about our physical and emotional well-being, and we can trust Him to take care of us.
- Even when things seem impossible, we can have hope and faith in Jesus because He is powerful and loving.
Elijah and the Widow at Zarephath
Jesus Heals a Centurion’s Servant