This is a simplified version of the Bible story found in Luke 24:51-53, written for children to understand. For the original version, please refer to the Bible passage.
When Jesus had come back to life, He spent some time with His disciples and followers, telling them about God’s love and teaching them. But one day, it was time for Him to go back to Heaven to be with God.
Jesus led His disciples and followers to a town called Bethany, and there He lifted up His hands and blessed them. While He was blessing them, Jesus began to rise up into the sky, and His friends watched in amazement as He went higher and higher until He disappeared into the clouds.
hey worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy, and were continually in the temple blessing God.
After Jesus went to Heaven, His disciples and followers felt very happy and went back to the city of Jerusalem, where they continually went to the temple to thank and bless God.
- Jesus fulfilled His mission on earth and returned to Heaven as He promised.
- Jesus’ ascension signaled the beginning of a new era in which the Holy Spirit would empower the disciples to continue Jesus’ work on earth.
- Jesus’ ascension demonstrates that He is in control of everything, including life and death, and that we can trust Him completely.
- The disciples’ response of worship and joy shows us the appropriate response to Jesus’ work in our lives.
- Jesus’ departure reminds us of the importance of His return and the hope we have in Him.